If you dream of being a world changer in the biotechnology, health care or environmental protection industries, biology may be the best major for you.
Why Saint Martin's University?
The Bachelor of Science in biology degree at Saint Martin's University promises students individualized attention in both the classroom and the labs. Students form close relationships with faculty in the classroom, while conducting research, and through academic mentoring.
Biology program highlights
- New, state-of-the-art science facilities
- Personalized career advising
- Low 1:11 student to faculty ratio and 7:24 lab sizes
- Participation in student-led, inquiry-based capstone research project
- Opportunities to be published alongside faculty members in peer-reviewed journals
- Field experiences, internships and other learning opportunities outside the classroom
- Professors with expertise in different disciplines including bioinformatics, cell biology, field biology, microbiology, plant molecular biology, marine ecology, and evolution
Saint Martin's students have the opportunity to continue studying biology abroad with:
Saint Martin's graduates
Graduates of the Saint Martin's biology program have gone on to graduate and attend professional programs at:
- Eastern Washington University (physical therapy doctoral program)
- Ohio State University (veterinary school)
- Oregon Health and Science University
- University of Virginia (biomedical program)
- University of Washington
- Washington State University
Details on courses, including university core requirements, can be found in the academic catalog.
- University core requirements
- 39 credit hours of lower-division courses
- 30 credit hours of upper-division courses
- 24 credit hours, including at least one course each in:
- Molecular/cellular biology
- Organismal biology
- Eight credit hours of lower-division courses
- 14 credit hours of upper-division courses
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Invertebrate zoology
- Marine biology
- Medical botany
Biology at a Glance
- Bachelor of Science
- Program Type
- Main (Lacey)
- Type of Instruction
- In Person
- College of Arts and Sciences
- What can I do with this major?