Social work at Saint Martin’s is a rigorous, exciting program where students leave as skilled, ethical, evidence-based practitioners. Our graduates are competitive applicants for advanced status entry into graduate programs. They are also among the most respected practitioners in the social work profession.
Beginning with the students' inspired good intentions, our program and teaching methods place special emphasis on social justice and cultural competence. Rooted in universal principles such as service, compassion and discipline, the BSW program produces thoughtful, knowledgeable, caring and visionary community leaders. We strive to begin where each student is, and help them create and grow into their professionalism with a focus on serving others.
- Faith: We believe in people’s inherent dignity, goodness, strengths and values.
- Reason: We cultivate critical, innovative thinking and a multidimensional global perspective.
- Service: We practice holistic, culturally appropriate, research-based practice and services.
- Community: We foster and build inclusive, healthy communities.
Saint Martin's Bachelor of Social Work program is distinguished by:
- An 85+ percent acceptance rate for graduate school.
- Deeply caring faculty with extensive clinical experience.
- Direct student access to faculty and program directors.
- Advocacy, activism and volunteer activities through access to local government organizations.