Why Saint Martin's University?
Saint Martin’s computer science program prepares students with the education and training needed for careers in such high-demand fields as software development, web and mobile technologies, and security and database management. Set in the midst of a rich liberal arts curriculum, the program is designed to meet the needs of industry and future advances in technologies.
CS program highlights
- Rigorous educational environment in which faculty members work closely with students
- High quality computer facilities
- Small classes, enabling students to receive individual attention from faculty members
- Strong foundation of analytical and computation skills
- Well-rounded liberal arts component broadening career options and opportunities for professional advancement
- Capstone project relevant to industry's current needs
Hear it from a Saint
"Saint Martin's allowed me to engage with professionals and students with similar interests in a setting that felt both personal and productive. It also offered opportunities to participate in extended activities, such as the Pacific Rim Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition, to further my skills and build relationships with industry connections that I would not have been able to engage with on my own."
Draevin Luke ‘18
Computer Science Requirements
Details on courses, including university core requirements, can be found in the academic catalog.
- University core requirements
- 15 credit hours of math courses
- Six credit hours of science courses
- 21 credit hours of foundation courses
- 36 credit hours of upper division courses
- 9 credit hours of upper division electives
- 18 credit hours of minor requirements
- Cyber forensics
- Game development with HCI
- Introduction to artificial intelligence
- Mobile application development
- User-centered design