First-year and transfer undergraduate students
The following steps apply to first-year students or transfer undergraduate students, domestic and international students.
Let us know if you are joining the Saint Martin’s family! Log in to your your status page and select your admission decision.
Note: Completing the $200 enrollment deposit confirms your place in the incoming class. The priority deposit deadline is May 1 of the academic year for which you are applying if enrolling for the fall semester. Deposits are only refundable up to May 1; refunds will not be given after May 1.
There are four options to submit your deposit:
- Submit your deposit online through your status page »
- Submit your deposit via phone, using e-check or credit card: 360-438-4389
- Submit your deposit in person, using cash, check or credit card: Student Financial Services Center
- Submit your housing contract and $200 damage deposit by July 1 (housing damage deposit is non-refundable after Aug. 1)
- If you qualify, you can submit your housing exemption request (must meet off-campus qualifications listed on form, and select off-campus on the form)
- Housing assignments will be made and your room number will be sent to you in an email in the middle of July
Whether you are going to use scholarships, financial aid, military benefits, or any combination of these forms of payment, here are the resources/forms you may need:
- Check your financial aid award on the Student Aid Portal. You will need your student ID number (contact us if you need it) and then create your own PIN# to log in.
- Not planning to do a financial aid application? Submit your FAFSA waiver form.
- Using military benefits? Submit your VA paperwork to the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To fully understand your financial aid award and ask about any additional available scholarships, sign up for a financial aid talk with your admission counselor
After submitting your deposit(s), please allow at least one week to receive your official Saint Martin's email account (e.g., email@example.com) from our ITS Help Desk labeled “Saint Martin’s network email account”. Check your Junk Mail too as the email sometimes gets sidetracked there.
Once you have received your email account, log in and change your password as all official University notifications will be sent to this email. If you have not received an email address after two weeks, please contact your admission counselor or the ITS Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for orientation and registration, held before the semester starts, where you'll register for classes and begin connecting with the Saint Martin’s community.
Most students are required to complete placement exams to determine accurate starting class levels in English, math and world languages. There is no charge for placements. For exceptions to those needing to take a placement (prior college credit, AP exam scores, etc.) please see the below exceptions:
Placement test exceptions
Students who do not meet the exceptions need to complete all placements prior to orientation.
- English - once you have paid your deposit, you will receive an email from Accuplacer with instructions to complete the English placement online.
- Math - available online (Important: The math placement exam may take up to three hours to complete and cannot be paused and restarted. Please allow yourself adequate time to complete the test.)
- World languages - available online.
All new students — domestic and international — must submit health center intake forms:
Domestic students log into your enrolling portal to upload the health intake form and upload your immunizations:
- Download the intake, immunization and emergency contact form complete and upload to enrolling portal
- Download the COVID vaccine requirement forms, complete and upload to enrolling portal
- For students that were born(or have lived extensively) in a country/territory outside the contiguous United States, please complete
and upload the following tuberculosis screening questionnaire form to your enrolling portal download the international student medical history record
If you have questions or need an exemption due to health or religious reasons, please contact the Student Health Center at email@example.com or 360-412-6160.
All new undergraduate students - domestic, international, freshmen and transfer - must complete our New Saints Online Training, which covers 3 key areas:
- Sexual assault prevention
- Alcohol and drug education
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
Details about how to log into the Everfi online training platform will be sent to your SMU email account (firstname.lastname@example.org). This will be sent to students during the summer of 2020 and must be completed by the start of the semester.
If you have questions, please contact Associate Dean of Students Justin Stern at email@example.com.
To complete enrollment, submit your final documents, which include:
- Final official transcripts from current high school, community college, or university
- All AP test reports and IB transcripts
- If you are a homeschool student, please include date of graduation on transcripts
- If you will be participating in NCAA Division II athletics, please register with NCAA Eligibility Center
- Paperwork for those using military benefits; certificate of eligibility, Vocational Rehabilitation counselor approval, etc.
Please submit all materials to the Saint Martin's Office of Admissions or to your admission counselor.
Not attending Saint Martin's?
If you are no longer wanting to attend Saint Martin's, please visit your student portal to decline your admission; or, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your wish to cancel your acceptance. Please also include where you will be attending or what your future plans may be.