Prashant Joshi, Ph.D.
“Education is the manifestation of the perfection already in man.” –Vivekananada
BE, MBA, PGDRM, PhD, Big Data and Analytics, UK. Certified Data Analyst- Frontline Solver Inc, Macroecometrics Forecasting, IMF thro EDX.
Dr. Joshi is a performance-focused and goal-driven professional with wide-ranging experience globally in maximizing students’ full potential, driving academic excellence, as well as promoting various programs in coordination with diverse groups of people and organizations. He was a visiting professor at Tianjin Polytechic University in Beijing, China. Dr. Joshi worked as the director of the School of Business at UT University. He was also the dean of Faculty of Commerce and Management at Tarsadia University in India. He studied big data and analytics at the University of Essex in the UK. He served as a Department of International Finance faculty member at I-Shou University in Taiwan where he received the Best Professor Appreciation Award. He also worked as a visiting professor at Cape Breton University in Canada. He has also made academic visits to Germany, France, Switzerland, Brussels and Luxemburg. He has more than 20 years of industry, teaching and research experience. Dr. Joshi teaches courses on statistics and econometrics, time series analysis, research methodology, investment analysis and portfolio management in India and abroad. He is proficient in use of RATS, EViews, SPSS, SAS, R, Python, G@RCH, Tableau and STATA. Dr Joshi has published six international books in the subject of data analysis, financial econometrics and statistics, and he has written more than 42 research papers in national and international journals. He has undertaken useful minor and major research projects in the areas of human development, data analytics, entrepreneurship development and investment.
Areas of interest:
- Behavioral finance
- Financial econometrics
- Time series analysis
- Computational finance
- Business analytics
- Empirical corporate finance
- Pandya, K., Joshi, P., and Bulsari S. (2019). Statistical Analysis in Simple Steps using R. Sage Publications Inc.
- Joshi, P. (2014). Analyzing volatility of Indian stock markets using EViews. Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany.
- Joshi, P. (2014). Introduction to Statistics using R. LAP, Germany
- Joshi, P. (2014). Volatility and Volatility Models with R. Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany
- Joshi, P. (2014). Volatility in Indian Stock Markets, HP, India.
- Joshi, P., and Yagnik, J. (2014). Statistical analysis using PSPP. Shanti Publishers, India