The Counseling and Wellness Center promotes and enhances the health and development of Saint Martin’s University students through professional mental health services, education and training. Integrating faith, reason and service, we empower students to develop self-awareness, knowledge and the skills necessary to make healthy choices and build relationships in a multicultural world. We also provide consultative services and training for staff and faculty to foster an environment supportive of student development and wellness.
In need of emergency mental health or medical care?
Please call 911, or go directly to the nearest emergency room.
If you are on campus, Providence St. Peter Hospital is the closest location.
Saint Martin's Counseling and Wellness Services' response to COVID 19:
The Counseling and Wellness is open and serving students virtually. Please email us at counselingCWC@stmartin.edu or call 360-412-6123 and leave a message to schedule an intake if you are a new client.
If you are an existing client, you can also email your therapist directly or email the CWC to schedule, change or cancel an appointment.
We are checking our phone messages a few times per day so email is the fastest. The center is able to provide phone or Telehealth via Zoom (remote video therapy).
Please note: If you have returned home to an out of state location, CWC counselors may not be able to provide counseling due to the need to be licensed in the state they practice. If so, your counselor or one of the staff will assist you in locating counseling services in your area.
E-therapy insurance coverage:
- If you have current health insurance through Saint Martin's, your United Healthcare (UHC) policy covers 24/7 e-therapy through www.betterhelp.com.
- If you have private insurance, you can check to see if e-therapy is available through your plan.
Other resources include:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Clinic of Thurston/Mason County: 360-586-2800
- Crisis Resolution Center: 360-754-1338 (available 24/7 for mental health crisis)
- Crisis Text Line: Text HELLO to 741741, free 24/7
Our counseling and wellness services are committed to assisting students in their academic and personal development. To the Saint Martin's community, our staff of professional counselors provide free and confidential counseling, consultation and referral.