The Center for Scholarship and Teaching has a rich tradition of curating and delivering innovative and transformative learning opportunities for over a decade.
How can you get involved?
New Faculty Orientation Program
Friday Faculty Lunch Program
Writing Across the Curriculum
Sustainability Program and Learning Garden
Writing Retreats at the Lambert Lodge
Friday faculty lunch program
Our Friday Faculty Lunch Program brings staff and faculty members together to attend presentations by Saint Martin’s faculty on pedagogy, faculty scholarship, and timely topics. A light lunch and beverages are served.
If you are interested in presenting a Friday Faculty Lunch session, contact Julia Chavez.
Service learning resources
- Overview of the social-justice model for service-learning by Susan Benigni Cipolle
- Raising change: Community farming as long-term ecological protest by Dr. Jeff Crane
- Service-learning and academic success: The links to retention research by Dan Simonet, AmeriCorps*VISTA
- Why we must show empathy toward the other by Astrid Serrano
- Service-learning and social justice: Engaging students in social change by Susan Benigni Cipolle
- Campus support
- Faculty learning
- Teaching materials
Green Dot Program
The Green Dot Program seeks to "reduce violence within any given community." Presenters at our Friday Faculty Lunch series, the Green Dot Program offers a toolkit for faculty to use in the classroom and on campus.