Need assistance with classroom technology?
Reach out to one of our Faculty Tech Mentors.
Programs and events
We offer unique and engaging programming throughout the year. From "Friday Faculty Lunches" to yearly retreats and exclusive pedagogy-developing workshops, faculty have the opportunity to deepen their knowledge and hone their skills.
How CST supports Saint Martin's faculty
Faculty will be supported in their efforts to be the best teachers in the classroom through the center’s practices of:
- Disseminating information to the Saint Martin's community about relevant research and examples of best practices in teaching and learning through workshops, lunch programs, individual consultations, and campus partnerships;
- Nurturing a culture of innovation through leadership and collaboration with SMU faculty in applying emerging technologies to teaching and learning goals;
- Nurturing a culture of community through regular programs throughout the year that encourage the sense of belonging and the spirit of connectedness;
- Establishing and fostering learning communities among faculty through ongoing programs related to teaching and focused workshops, such as new faculty orientation and the Core redesign efforts and training;
- Fostering faculty scholarship in teaching, learning, and the disciplines;
- Staying abreast of educational theory and practices by participating in related workshops and conferences, building a library collection (also for faculty), and conducting ongoing research on the scholarship of faculty development;
- Collaborating across campus, regionally, and internationally to promote a dynamic teaching and
Green Dot Program
The Green Dot Program seeks to "reduce violence within any given community." Presenters at our Friday Faculty Lunch series, the Green Dot Program offers a toolkit for faculty to use in the classroom and on campus.