In order to be considered for full and unconditional admission* to the MED-HESA program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Overall 2.75 undergraduate GPA.
- Demonstration of strong analytic, problem solving and writing skills as evidenced by previous coursework, resume and admissions essay.
*Students not meeting these requirements will be considered for conditional admission. Saint Martin's University recognizes that while previous performance is a valuable indicator of potential success, there are those who have demonstrated that potential in other ways than traditional academic performance.
How to apply
These application materials are required for entrance into Saint Martin's University and the MED-HESA Program and must be completed before your application can be reviewed.
Step 2: Write an admissions essay following the prompt below:
The Master of Education in Higher Education and Student Affairs (HESA) program allows students to embody Benedictine values – specifically faith, reason, community, and service – in their approach to student services/student affairs on college and university campuses. Through a rigorous and challenging curriculum, the HESA program will explore in depth the domains of leadership, social justice, and theory-to-practice. Please share in a personal essay how you apply these domains in your current role and how you envision using them in the future. Your personal essay should be around two pages, double-spaced, in lengthEssay guidelines: Your personal essay should be typed, double spaced and about 200 words per area.
Step 3: Send all remaining supplemental and supporting documents to the Office of Graduate Studies (OGS):
Official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended sent directly from the institution to OGS
Current CV/resume, no more than two pages in length, representing your most recent education and work history
- Two letters of recommendation plus either a third letter of recommendation or a professional reference with contact information
- Pre-Program Advising Meeting summary; all applicants must complete a Pre-Program Advising Meeting with our Program Director, Dr. Jackie Clark. Please contact her at JClark@stmartin.edu to schedule this advising appointment, and please bring a copy of your transcripts to this appointment. Please upload a document that describes the completion of your Pre-Program Advising meeting with Dr. Clark, when it took place, and which interest you will be focusing during the program.