Why Saint Martin's University?
- Program consists of 15 credit hours and can be completed by taking four eight-week classes between late August and early May followed by a summer practicum
- Emphasis on enhancing skills in operations management and understanding health care policy and regulation, with a firm foundation in ethical principles and decision making
- Certificate completed by applying skills acquired in the classroom in a supervised health care management practicum experience with a local health care organization
- Learn how to manage health care resources for an organization which include personnel, equipment, supplies, services, etc.
- Understand and reinforce specific skill sets needed across the healthcare industry
- Identify, analyze and manage healthcare resources in organizations through projects with partners
- Practice effectively and efficiently managing an organization’s resources
Hear it from a Saint
“The Saint Martin’s health care management program offers a valuable opportunity for MBA students to learn and excel in the rapidly changing and growing healthcare field. The future of healthcare will be shaped by educated, qualified, and passionate people who are informed and understand the urgent need to improve the industry’s policies, processes, and direction.”
Associate at Integrated Solutions Group
The health care management certificate program prepares students for leadership careers in this complex and ever-evolving field. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, by 2024 - in less than five years - nearly 2.5 million new health care jobs will be created in the U.S. Health care leadership roles exist in both traditional and non-traditional settings and industries including: health care provider organizations, consulting roles, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, correctional facilities, extended care facilities, pharmaceutical research, information technology, medical software, and health care informatics and analytics.
Health Care Management Requirements
In order to be considered for admission into the health care management certificate program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
Health Care Management at a Glance
- Program Type
- Main (Lacey)
- Type of Instruction
- In Person
- School of Business