All students living in the residence halls are required to have proof of meningitis vaccination. Vaccination is available at the Student Health Center for $100.
Additional required vaccines
All students are required to provide proof of two MMR vaccinations or titers and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Incoming international students
In order to maintain a healthy learning environment here at Saint Martin's, all incoming international students need to complete the Saint Martin's University Tuberculosis Questionnaire and the Student Immunization History and Emergency Information form.
If a student answers "yes" to any of the questions on page one of the Tuberculosis questionnaire and/or if a student’s clinician did not fully complete the Student Immunization History and Emergency Information form, then the SMU SHC Medical Director will require the following:
- The clinician will review and verify the information in part one of the current TB Screening Questionnaire.
- Persons answering YES to any of the questions in part one are candidates for either Mantoux tuberculin skin test (TST) or Interferon Gamma Release Assay (IGRA), billed to student’s health insurance by Quest Diagnostics, unless a previous positive test has been documented.
- If there is a history of a positive TB skin test or BCG vaccination then the IGRA will automatically be obtained.
- If IGRA is positive then a chest x-ray will be obtained to evaluate for active TB infection versus latent.
- Those students with no signs of active TB on chest x-ray will receive a recommendation to be treated for latent TB with appropriate medication.
All international students must also provide proof of two MMR vaccinations. If no vaccines have been given, then these will be administered at a cost of $80 per vaccine spaced at a minimum of 28 days apart, OR the student may have a blood test for titers of rubeola (measles) but test results must be included, OR have a physician sign that the student has had measles. If only one vaccine is documented, we will administer the second vaccine for the $80 fee.