The mission of the Computer Science Department, is to:
Provide a solid foundation in the fundamentals of computer science, emphasizing critical thinking and problem-solving skills to enhance our students’ decision- making abilities and preparing them to pursue a broad range of careers in IT.
Student learning outcomes:
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the program’s student outcomes and to the discipline
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.