From undergraduate to master's degree in five years
Senior undergraduate students in good academic standing have the opportunity to complete up to 12 credits (four classes) in the Master of Accountancy (MAcc) or Master of Business Administration (MBA) curriculum. Credits completed as part of the 4 + 1 program count as both undergraduate elective credits and Saint Martin's MAcc or MBA credits.
Why choose the 4 + 1 program?
4 + 1 allows you to complete your Master's degree program in only one additional year beyond your undergraduate degree. Your financial aid from your undergraduate program is applied to the courses in your senior year so it is approximately $15,000 in savings.
- No graduate application fee
- Letters of recommendation are waived
- Transcripts are not required (as they can be acquired from registrars office)
- Priority access for graduate assistantships
- Have completed at least 90 undergraduate credits (senior status)
- Have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Not be enrolled in more than 18 credit hours of combined UG/Graduate course work for the semester
Students should complete the 4+1 form to be reviewed by the MBA director and processed by the Office of Graduate Admissions. Students will be administratively added to the graduate level course by the Registrar's office.
Tuition for up to 12 MBA level credits are included in the students flat rate undergraduate tuition. To be eligible students must be a full time student (be enrolled in at least 12 face-to-face credits on the Lacey campus.) Extended learning division students pay MBA tuition. Students should meet with the Student Financial Services office prior to enrolling in graduate level courses to double check financial aid implications.