O'Grady library provides a wealth of technology to support the education of students, faculty, and staff. Whether you are here to check out equipment, use one of our numerous computers, or do video editing in the state of the art media room, we have the resources you need for a great educational experience.
- The library has three networked printer/copier machines: one per floor.
- Print from any university computer and pick up at the library.
- Print from your personal computer, on or off campus, and pick up at the library.
- Print standard 8 1/2 x 11, legal 8 1/2 x 14, and also 11 x 17 size.
- Add money to your print account by picking up a print card at the circulation desk. Available in $2, $5, and $10 increments. Printing costs $.03 per page for black and white and $.10 per page for color.
Scanning and copying
- Each of the library's networked printers also functions as a copier/scanner.
- Scan books from the glass or scan many pages using the document feeder.
- There is a dedicated scanner in the Information Commons for many-paged book scanning.
- Scanning is free for students, while copying costs $.03 per page for black and white and $.10 per page for color.
Equipment for checkout
- Equipment is available for use by Saint Martin's University faculty, staff, and students.
- Many multimedia items are available for checkout such as camcorders, DSLR cameras, iPods, and Surface Pro tablets.
- Most items check out for a 6 day period, while some are same day checkout.
- Contact the circulation desk (360-688-2260) to reserve equipment ahead of time.
- Go to the Equipment for Checkout page to see an extensive list of what is available.
Hardware and software
O'Grady Library has over 100 computers available for public use, spread throughout various classrooms, study areas, and the multimedia center. All can be logged into using your Saint Martin's University account.
- 33 public computers in the information commons + 1 ScanPro microfiche and microfilm reader with attached flatbed scanner
- 24 computers in the main level classroom + 1 instructor computer, LCD projetor, and screen
- 18 computers in the lower level classroom + 1 instructor computer, LCD projector, and screen
- 16 public computers in the multimedia room + 1 instructor computer, 84 inch SMART board, and mirrored monitor - 4 main room and 3 study rooms have dual monitors
- 8 public computers in the Learning and Writing Center commons
- 7 group study rooms with computers
- 5 library catalog search stations - 3 main level, 1 upper level, and 1 in the curriculum room
- All computers are loaded with Microsoft Windows 7 and the standard ITS software load, while the multimedia room computers are loaded with Adobe Creative Suite for photo and video editing.