Help us maximize your success in mathematics courses at Saint Martin’s by finding out which math courses fit you best.
Math placement testing is now closed. It will reopen on Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2019, for new students entering Saint Martin's University in the spring semester of 2020. All testing must be completed by midnight on Jan. 6, 2020 (one week before classes begin on Jan. 13, 2020).
If you are an undergraduate at Saint Martin's taking the test for the first time, go to saintmartins.mapleta.com/saintmartins and follow these instructions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Regular undergraduates at Saint Martin’s take the math placement exams at a different web location than applicants to the Microsoft Software and Systems Academy (MSSA). If you fail to use the correct website, your math placement exam scores will be invalidated and you will be required to take any future math placement exams in a proctored environment on campus at predetermined times. If you are an applicant to the MSSA program, please see special instructions for math placement testing under application requirements on the MSSA page.
- Click create an account.
- Enter your legal first and last name in the first two fields. The display name will fill in automatically for you when you have entered the appropriate information in the first two fields. In the student ID field, enter your 10-digit Saint Martin’s University student ID (P000******). In the user login field, type in your legal first name (all lower case), a period, and your legal last name (all lower case). In the email field, enter your Saint Martin’s e-mail address. Please make sure to enter this email address correctly. (If you do not enter the correct ID number or correct email address, you will invalidate your ability to re-test math placement later.)
- Choose a password, enter it in the password and confirm password fields. Choose something you will easily remember. (If you do not remember your password, you will be unable to re-test math placement later.)
- Click submit. Once your registration has been accepted, you will be taken back to the original login screen, where you must now log in with your new user name and password. Click log in.
- Click enroll in a class and you should see only one option at this time. Check the box to the left of New Students 2019-20, then click register. A new window will appear, asking you to confirm that you wish to register. Click confirm.
- Another new window will appear indicating that you are enrolled in New Students 2019-20. You are now ready to begin the process, or you may log out and return later. When you are ready to begin, on the homepage, click on the class name New Students 2019-20. Read the instructions on the website and begin the exams. You do not have to take all three exams in one sitting. In fact, we encourage you to take a break between exams, but all three placement exams (if you are eligible to take all three) should be completed at least one week prior to registering for any Saint Martin’s University mathematics course.