Rec Center policies
The following policies and guidelines are developed and shared with members to ensure we create a community that shows respect for one another, ensures our safety, and takes pride in our facility. Failure to comply with policies and guidelines may result in loss of Charneski Recreation Center privileges.
- Charneski Recreation Center members entering must be a current member with their active SMU card.
- No card = no access.
- To be a current member for the Charneski Recreation Center you must be one of the following; a current student (registered for at least six credits), a current faculty member, a current staff member, or part of the monastic community
- To access the facility you must have you current SMU ID card. No members will be allowed to access the Charneski Recreation Center without their current SMU ID card.
- Alumni may purchase a yearly card for $150 from Abbey Bergquist at 360-438-4305.
- Individuals are responsible for properly securing their own belongings
- Charneski Recreation Center is not responsible for lost or stolen property
- Food and drink are permitted in lounge area only. Closed-cap non- glass bottles are allowed unless otherwise noted.
- Gum is strictly prohibited in the facility.
- Indoor non-marking closed toed athletic shoes should be worn in all indoor activity areas.
- Please wear proper workout attire
For a complete list of Charneski Recreation Center policies click here.