Giving to Saint Martin's impacts every area of the University and we are grateful for the support of our alumni, families and friends. Private support is a critical resource that empowers students to pursue a lifetime of learning and accomplishment in all arenas of human endeavor. Individual support becomes collective power — the power to lead a new generation, to make a positive difference in their lives and in the lives of others, through the interaction of faith, reason and service.
Your gifts at work
Every gift, whether it is public or private or large or small is critical to the success of Saint Martin’s. Here are just a few examples of how your contributions make an impact on students, faculty and our community.
- Funded the creation of several new academic programs including majors in communications and educational studies, and a new minor in social justice.
- Completed funding for and broke ground on a $2.7 million industrial lab facility that will provide lab and classroom spaces for civil and mechanical engineering and computer science.
- Created 10 new annual and endowed scholarships this past year.
- Helped to provide almost $2 million in student aid for this past academic year.
- Brought many distinguished guests to campus to share their wisdom and experience with our students including:
- Brian Doyle, author of Uncle Ronald, Mary Ann Alice and many others.
- Ron Sims, Chair of the Washington Health Benefit and Exchange Board
- Kimberly Harris, President and CEO of Puget Sound Energy
- Rear Admiral Eleanor Valentin, the first Filipino American female to be the Commander of Navy’s Medicine Support Command and the first female director of the U. S. Navy’s Medical Service Corps
- Ken Butigan, Executive Director of Pace e Bene and author of five books including Pilgrimage through a Burning World
Areas to support
You have the option of designating your gift to the area on campus that means the most to you. Whether it is the Fund for Saint Martin’s, scholarships, athletics, or perhaps a specific college, department or student organization, all gifts make a wonderful impact. To help you decide which area of the University you would prefer to support, we've provided information on several of the most popular gift designations. Learn more »
Ways to give
There are many ways that you can make a positive impact. Online gifts, stock transfers, gifts of property and estate planning are just a few of those ways. To see what method of gift works for you, we have additional information on many of the most common giving methods. Learn more »
Volunteering has a wonderful impact on Saint Martin’s and our community. Whether it’s volunteering with the Office of Career Development through mentoring and career advising or taking a shift at helping with the annual Saint Martin's Gala, volunteers are the glue that holds us all together and makes our University a better place. To learn more about volunteer opportunities at Saint Martin’s please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 360-438-4366 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Giving events and initiatives
The Saint Martin’s Gala
The Saint Martin’s Gala is known to foodies throughout the Pacific Northwest as one of the area’s premier culinary events. Uniquely “chef inspired” the Saint Martin’s Marcus Pavilion has welcomed the likes of celebrity chefs that include, Mario Batali, Michael Symon, Lidia Bastianich, Guy Fieri, and in 2015, the entire cast of ABC’s The Chew! Five course meals are prepared live on stage by our celebrity chef and magically served at a 5-course seated dinner. Since the inception of the celebrity chef gala experience, nearly $6 million has been raised to fund student scholarships!
Calling All Saints! Phon-a-thon Program
Once a year, a devoted group of Saint Martin's students get together and call thousands of alumni, family and friends of the university. See what happens when you answer the call to support a Saint! Learn more »