Screen readers, screen magnifiers, voice recognition
software and other tools are available in the library as well as the
Center for Student Learning, Writing and
Location: Library study room M3 and media rooms M4
Reservations: Circulation (360-688-2260 or
Restrictions: students, faculty, staff, and monks
- Dragon Naturally Speaking: Operate the computer with
spoken commands and transcribe speech into text when using
Microsoft Word or other Windows applications. Headset and
speakers are available.
- JAWS: Have Web pages, Microsoft Word documents and
other electronic documents read aloud. Headset and speakers
- MAGic: Magnify the computer screen.
- OpenBook: Scan books, journals, and other printed pages
to electronic text and then have them read aloud. Scanner,
headset, and speakers are available.
- Headset and speakers
- Clarity AF: Magnify books, journals, and other printed
pages and display on a television screen. (M4 only)
All public computers in the library run the Windows 7
operating system and are installed with the standard Saint Martin's software
suite and minimum hardware configuration. (See
software and hardware in the library.) Additional software and
peripherals are available to the Saint Martin's community on selected