Associate Professor, history
Political Science Chair
Fields: History of modern Middle East; U.S. diplomatic history; the history of Nazi Germany.
B.A., Western Washington University; M.A., ibid.; Ph.D., University of Utah
Dr. Casillas is a Washington Native who has lived all around the United States and the World. He earned his Ph.D. at the University of Utah.
- Oil and Diplomacy: The Origins of U.S. Foreign Policy in Saudi Arabia, 1933-45
- Various book reviews in The International Journal of Middle East Studies and articles in Diplomatic History SHAFR Bulletin
- Joseph Malone Fellow
- Burlington Northern Award for Outstanding Teaching
- Palmer Fellow (twice)
- Faculty President, Saint Martin's University
- Dean of social sciences, 1991-2011, Saint Martin's University
- Executive Director, Washington State Committee for U.S.-Arab Relations