Associate Dean of Students
Director, The Diversity and Equity Center
Adjunct, Social Justice
John currently serves as the Associate Dean of Students/Director of the Diversity and Equity Center in the department of Student Affairs of Saint Martin's University. He sponsors service immersion programs that emphasize social justice education and advocacy; facilitates faculty and staff seminars that focus on multicultural education and critical pedagogy; and offers a variety of diversity-related workshops, trainings and programs that support students and encourage dialogue.
John and his partner, Regina, are proud parents to Zack, Tristan and Abigail. A native of the Pacific Northwest, John grew up in Puyallup, WA, where his family now resides.
- Hopkins, John. "Justice and American Indian Education: A Reconciliation Approach." Philosophy of Education Society (2013): 236-245.
- Hopkins, John. "Maori Education: The Politics of Reconciliation and Citizenship." Catalyst: A Social Justice Forum 2, 1 (2012): 13-21.
- Hopkins, John. "Education of Indigenous Populations." Encyclopedia of Diversity in Education. Ed. James A. Banks. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, Inc., 2012. 1177-82. SAGE knowledge. Web. 1 October 2012.
- Philosophy of Education Society
- American Educational Research Association
Areas of interest
- Philosophy of Education
- Philosophies of Communication
- Multicultural Theory
- American Indian Studies