Associate Professor, Mathematics
Dr. Overdeep is a native of Silverdale, WA, and graduated with a BS in mathematics from the University of Puget Sound. Dr. Overdeep began her professional career in the ADCAP MK-48 torpedo software validation group at Hughes Aircraft Company Ground Systems Group in Buena Park, CA. While working for Hughes, Dr. Overdeep earned an MA in applied mathematics from California State University-Fullerton. After fifteen years as a torpedo systems engineer for Hughes Aircraft Company and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Newport, Rhode Island, Dr. Overdeep returned to graduate school in earnest in 1999 after completing an MBA at the University of Rhode Island.
- Using Game Theory to Understand Social Inequities: A Teaching Module for a Liberal Arts Math Class, with C.H. Gibbons, Elisabeth Kemajou, and Olive Mbianda, submitted January 2013
- More results on the trichotomy character of a second-order rational difference equation with period-two coefficients, with C.H. Gibbons and S. Kalabuˇsi´c, Journal of Difference Equations and Applications, DOI:10.1080/10236198.2012.704916, July 2012.
- The Trichotomy Character of Xn+1 = (α_nXn+ßnXn-1)/(An+BnXn) with Period-two Coefficients with C. H. Gibbons and S. Kalabuˇsi´c, Difference Equations, Special Functions and Orthogonal Polynomials, Munich, World Scientific Publishing Co; Singapore, 2005.
- On Xn+1 = (α_nXn+ßnXn-1)/(An+BnXn) with Period-two Coefficients with C. H. Gibbons, Difference Equations and Discrete Dynamical Systems, World Scientific Publishing Co; Singapore, Los Angeles, CA, 2004.
- On the Trichotomy Character of Xn+1 = (α_n+Xn-1)/(A+BnXn) with Period-two Coefficients with C. H. Gibbons, Journal of Difference Equations and Applications, 11(7), 2005, 655-667.
- Gonzalez L, Hanumara RC, Overdeep CB, Church SC. 2004. 2002 Bicycle Transportation User Survey: Developing Intermodal Connections for the 21st Century. Kingston (RI): RI Department of Transportation. URITC Project No. 536182 Report.
- Project NExT Fellow, 2004-2005
- Selected to participate in the DIMAS Summer Reconnect Program, 2006
- Center for Undergraduate Research (CURM) mini-grand recipient, 2007
- Monks of Saint Martin's Abbey Outstanding Faculty of the Year, 2007
- ASSMU Faculty of the Year, 2012
- Selected to participate in the CCICADA Summer Reconnect program, 2012
Areas of interest (professional / personal): Running, biking, walking our golden retriever, and getting beat at Tetris on Super Nintendo by my husband.