Your journey to distinction starts here

Dear Future Saints

Next steps for admitted graduate students

If you are applying for financial aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Be sure to include the Saint Martin's University school code: 003794 on your FAFSA.

If you did not submit your social security number on your application to your graduate program, please contact the Office of Graduate Admission with your SSN, as this will be required to match your FAFSA to your aid.

The name and contact information of your advisor is on your admissions letter.

Register on Self-Service

JBLM and extension campus students:

Find detailed course schedule and room information.

Have questions about registration?

Call our office, or use the Self-Service User Guide.

For required and recommended books:


All graduate students must obtain a student ID card no later than the first day of classes. Bring photo ID and proof of registration (a print out of your schedule or payment will work) to the Office of Public Safety, located in Old Main, room 215 (open 24 hours).

Visit Office of Public Safety, located in Old Main, room 215 (open 24 hours). You will need to provide proof of current insurance and registration in order to be issued a parking pass. Parking on campus is free, but you will be ticketed for parking without a permit or in the incorrect lot.

All students — domestic and international — must submit health center intake forms:

Download student immunization history form

If this is not submitted, a hold will be put on your registration. Active duty military AND students at the JBLM campus are exempt from this requirement.

Domestic students log into your enrolling portal to upload the health intake form and upload your immunizations: 

Download the intake, immunization and emergency contact form complete and upload to enrolling portal

 For students that were born(or have lived extensively) in a country/territory outside the contiguous United States, please complete
and upload the following tuberculosis screening questionnaire form to your enrolling portal  download the international student medical history record 

If you have questions or need an exemption due to health or religious reasons, please contact the Student Health Center at or 360-412-6160.

Proof of active duty, family member, National Guard/reservists, spouses, disabled veterans (not VocRehab) status must be provided to any of the extension campus offices or to the Student Financial Services Center on the main Lacey campus. If no proof has been provided, you will be entered as a "civilian". Because there may be a difference in tuition cost, please provide this proof as soon as possible so that we can adjust your rate accordingly. Additional military resources are available for review.

Submit insurance billing waiver application

This can be done online after you register for classes.

If you were admitted on the condition that you submit your final transcripts and proof of degree, you will not be able to register until they are received by the Office of Graduate Admissions.

Submit online housing form and deposit

If you plan on living on campus, submit your online housing form and housing deposit. Most graduate students prefer to live in Baran Hall or Spangler Hall. Do this early, as housing tends to fill up, especially the apartment-style rooms.