Steps to apply
Use the following guidelines and forms to put together your IRB application. A complete application is submitted to the IRB Chair (a paper copy and an electronic PDF). The application should include:
- A signed cover sheet.
- An IRB Protocol Preparation Guide.
- Questionnaires, interview formats, or survey instruments.
- Research proposal or grant application ( if available; without fiscal info).
- Appropriate consent (see below for guidance).
Use the guidelines and templates below to construct the appropriate consent form(s). They should be edited to reflect your project (i.e. remove generic language).
- Research only involving a survey or questionnaire (paper or web-based) may use a modified or Implied Consent Form.
- Research involving active participation of subjects (interviews, etc.) will use an Active Participant Consent Form.
- Research involving minors (under 18) or incompetent adults must use a Parental/Guardian Consent Form in addition to the standard consent form.
The Level of IRB review will be determined by the board. The categories include Full Board, Exempt or Expedited.