Undergraduate students in civil engineering at Saint Martin's can go on to earn their master’s degree in either civil engineering or engineering management. Undergraduate students in mechanical engineering can go on to earn their master’s degree in mechanical engineering. Undergraduate students in computer science or information technology can go on to earn their master's degree in computer science.
Why choose the 4 + 1 program?
4 + 1 allows you to complete your Master's degree program in only one additional year beyond your undergraduate degree. Your financial aid from your undergraduate program is applied to the courses in your senior year so it is approximately $15,000 in savings.
- No graduate application fee
- Letters of recommendation are waived
- Transcripts are not required (as they can be acquired from registrars office)
- Priority access for graduate assistantships
- Have completed at least 90 undergraduate credits (senior status)
- Have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Not be enrolled in more than 18 credit hours of combined undergraduate and graduate course work for the semester
If accepted into the program, up to six credit hours of approved graduate courses may be applied toward both the bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Graduate courses, taken as undergraduates, would be fulfilling undergraduate engineering elective requirements. An additional six credits of graduate coursework may be taken as an undergraduate student and reserved for application to the master’s degree. Thus, both the undergraduate and graduate degrees could be earned in five academic years. For more information, please refer to the catalog.