- Proximity to Washington state capital, Olympia
- Emphasis on internships
- Business-specific career and internship fairs held on campus each semester
- Faculty members are both educators and business professionals
- Small class sizes and one-on-one mentoring with faculty
- Training in industry standard software
- Extra-curricular activities, competitions and networking opportunities
- 4+1 dual degree program: qualified students earn bachelor’s and MBA in 5 years
- A rigorous yet supportive educational environment
- Exposure to all functional areas of business and economics
- Well-rounded, liberal arts education
Accounting at Saint Martin's University focuses on the collection, analysis and communication of financial information for public and private organizations, or individuals. Saint Martin's prepares accounting graduates for responsible positions in private practice, corporate accounting, and governmental service through a deep foundation in current technologies and best practices.
Accounting is “the language of business” and is an essential part of every business organization. The study of accounting helps students develop analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills as well as master the principles that govern financial reporting and decision making for responsible positions in public practice, corporate accounting and governmental service.
Certain courses are only offered once a year. This is noted next to the course title.
- 15 semester hours of foundation courses
- 33 semester hours of a common professional component
- 24 semester hours of requirements for completion of the major