What to expect at Saint Martin's
The education programs at Saint Martin’s interweave with one another, providing students with a wide spectrum of choice and flexibility. From the outset, education students participate in in-depth school and practicum work allowing them to interact with local teachers and principals. Faculty are professional educators with extensive, contemporary, real-world experience. Their knowledge in the field of education is coupled with skills in counseling, creating a climate of compassionate rigor. Our reputation for excellence so precedes us that 97% of our graduates find teaching jobs after graduation.
Additional benefits include:
- National accreditation
- Approved by the Washington State Board of Education
- Study abroad opportunities open doors to teaching internationally
- Two subject endorsements required to better prepare students for employability
- A rigorous educational environment in which faculty members work closely with their students
- Top employers includes public schools in Washington, Hawaii and California
The secondary education teaching certification prepares graduates for advanced study and/or teaching careers (grades 4-12) in a variety of environments:
- Public or private schools
- Tutoring and learning centers
- Overseas schools for military dependents
For a complete list of professional applications, visit "What Can I Do With This Major?". For additional information about how Saint Martin’s can help you find the career for you, visit our Career Center.