Saint Martin's exercise science degrees provide academic and professional preparation for undergraduate students in areas related to the study of human movement and physical activity.
A knowledge of developing the well-being of others is key to the success of this program. We strive to create a deeper understanding of how physical activity impacts the whole person and strengthens a community.
Our B.S. program offers a degree centered in the health sciences, while our B.A. program focuses on physical education and management.
The successful completion of your degree will allow you to enter the workforce in a variety of health and fitness careers.
You will be prepared to take certification exams related to health and fitness, such as:
- health fitness certifications
Through the internship requirement, you obtain applicable job related experiences, preparing you for the job market.
Upon graduation, you will:
- Demonstrate proficient understanding of the scientific concepts related to exercise science at a level relevant to the degree option (B.A. or B.S.)
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of technology used in health and fitness evaluation, and in designing individual fitness programs.
- Exhibit professionalism and integrity in the interactions with individuals seeking care or guidance related to exercise science.
- Articulate the importance of physical wellbeing as it relates to the health of the individual and the community.
Preparation for professional health care programs
You will also be prepared to advance into professional health care degree programs, such as:
- Physical therapy
- Athletic training
- Sports medicine
- Sports management
- Physician assistance