"There is no hiding in my classes. Students are in the middle of it. Students not only read great texts, but they create knowledge. They write and discover new things about themselves, about their topics. There are many reasons to attend a smaller school, and this is chief among them."
The environmental studies program at Saint Martin's is a truly interdisciplinary program. Students have an opportunity to focus on a Bachelor of Science or a B achelor of Arts degree. In each of these pathways, students gain experience in a broad spectrum of environmental topics and service learning opportunities.
- Students participate in research and internships as a fundamental part of the major.
- Individualized tailoring of the student’s program of study to prepare them for graduate study, or careers in science and/or policy.
- Strong commitment to an interdisciplinary approach with faculty from a variety of areas (Biology, English, Chemistry, Anthropology, History, Business, etc.).
- Opportunities for collaborations with local businesses, government agencies, non-profits, and universities.
- Proximity to natural resources and conservation sites, with opportunities to examine the interactions and collaborations between public and private organizations focused on environmental issues.