Help us maximize your success in mathematics courses at Saint Martin’s by finding out which math courses fit you best.
If you are an undergraduate at Saint Martin's taking the test for the first time, go to https://saintmartins.mapleta.com/saintmartins and follow these instructions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Regular undergraduates at Saint Martin’s take the math placement exams at a different web location than applicants to the Microsoft Software and Systems Academy. If you fail to use the correct website, your math placement exam scores will be invalidated and you will be required to take any future math placement exams in a proctored environment on campus at predetermined times. If you are an applicant to the MSSA program, please see special instructions for math placement testing on the MSSA Webpage.
- Click Create an Account.
- Here, enter your first name and your last name in the first two fields. The Display Name will fill in automatically for you when you have entered the appropriate information in the first two fields. In the Student ID field, enter your ten-digit Saint Martin’s University student ID (of the form P000******). In the User Login field, type in your first name, a period, and your last name, all in lower case. For example, if your name is Jan Marie Jones, you would enter jan.jones as your User Login. In the Email field, please enter your Saint Martin’s e-mail address. If you have not yet been assigned a Saint Martin's email address, enter your personal email address.
- Choose a password and enter it in the Password field and the Confirm Password field. Choose something that you will easily remember.
- Click Submit. Once your registration has been accepted, you will be taken back to the original login screen, where you must now log in with your new user name and password. Click Log in.
- Click Find classes open for registration. Check the box for New Students 2018-19, then click Register.
- A new window will appear, asking you to confirm that you wish to register. Click Confirm. You are now ready to begin the process, or you may log out and return later. Begin with the Intermediate Algebra Placement Exam and continue from there. You do not have to take all three exams in one sitting. In fact, we encourage you to take a break between exams, but all three placement exams (if you are eligible to take all three) should be completed at least one week before orientation.