Help us maximize your success in mathematics courses at Saint Martin’s by finding out which math courses fit you best.
Math placement testing is now open for new students but will close on Jan. 13.
If you are an undergraduate at Saint Martin's taking the test for the first time, go to saintmartins.mapleta.com/saintmartins and follow these instructions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Regular undergraduates at Saint Martin’s take the math placement exams at a different web location than applicants to the Microsoft Software and Systems Academy (MSSA). If you fail to use the correct website, your math placement exam scores will be invalidated and you will be required to take any future math placement exams in a proctored environment on campus at predetermined times. If you are an applicant to the MSSA program, please see special instructions for math placement testing under application requirements on the MSSA page.
- Click create an account.
- Here, enter your first and last name in the first two fields. The display name will fill in automatically for you when you have entered the appropriate information in the first two fields. In the student ID field, enter your 10-digit Saint Martin’s University student ID (P000******). In the user login field, type in your first name, a period and your last name, all in lower case. For example, if your name is Jan Marie Jones, you would enter jan.jones as your user login. In the email field, please enter your Saint Martin’s email address. If you have not been assigned one yet, enter your personal email address.
- Choose a password, and enter it in the password and confirm password fields. Choose something you will easily remember.
- Click submit. Once your registration has been accepted, you will be taken back to the original login screen, where you must now log in with your new username and password. Click log in.
- Click find classes open for registration. Check the box for new students 2018-19, then click register.
- A new window will appear, asking you to confirm you wish to register. Click confirm. You are now ready to begin the process, or you may log out and return later. Begin with the Intermediate Algebra Placement Exam, and continue from there. You do not have to take all three exams in one sitting. In fact, we encourage you to take breaks between exams, but all three placement exams (if you are eligible to take all three) should be completed at least one week before orientation.