General information and services
- The SMU Mail Room is located in Old Main 207.
- The Mail Room is staffed from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1:15 p.m.-3:30
- Students with boxes in the Old Main Mail Room may access their
boxes from 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday.
- The Mail Room provides our community with the following
services: send and receive mail, send and receive packages (1st
class, priority, express, media rate, and international),
intercampus mail, purchase postage.
- The SMU mail room is not capable of: registered letters, Cash on
Delivery (C.O.D.), or money orders. Lacey Post Office is located
near campus, and can provide those services.
- Student mail boxes are located in Old Main, Parsons, and
Mail box assignment
- Due to the need for the University to communicate with students
who live on campus, we are providing all resident students with
- As of fall 2011, mail boxes are assigned to all incoming
- If you do not have a box, you cannot receive mail at SMU, all
mail will be returned to sender.
- If residents have not been assigned a mail box, Baran and Burton
residents may open a box in Spangler Hall, or Old Main.
- At the end of fall and spring semester, each box owner needs to
submit a mail forwarding slip to the mail room.
- After graduation, residents should provide the SMU Mail Room
with a forwarding address, if they wish to continue to receive mail
being sent to their SMU box.
When a resident receives a parcel (any mail that does not fit in the
mail box) they will find a parcel slip in their box. In order to
retrieve this parcel, they must present this slip and photo
identification to the Mail Room.