Program mission statement
The discipline of computer science is a corner stone of technology. As we
march into the information age, the importance of the discipline is
paramount. The mission of Saint Martin's University computer science
department is to create life-long learners capable of adapting and evolving
in a dynamic, technical environment under the liberal arts tradition of
Saint Martin's life-long learning. Within the University, the computer
science curriculum provides students with the requisite skills and knowledge
particular to the discipline.
Program goals, objectives and outcomes
Students will be able to demonstrate:
- Develop a firm foundation in basic areas of computer science.
- Prepare to be able to work in various industries and government
- Prepare to pursue graduate and/or professional programs.
- Require the ability to use computer science principles to solve
- Learn to think independently and creatively while working in
- Adapt to rapidly changing technology.