Program mission statement
Endorsing the Catholic Benedictine values of faith, reason, service, and
community, the Office of Student Accounts, as part of the Student Financial
Service Center, supports the mission of Saint Martin's University to empower
students in their pursuit of learning and honors their sacredness as
individuals as well as their families and our community in an efficient and
caring professional manner. This service reflects the Benedictine traditions
of hospitality, communication, and respect while maintaining a high level of
accuracy and integrity.
Our purpose is to provide efficient and welcoming service to all of the
Saint Martin’s community, and empathetic and reverent counsel to our
students and their families in regards to their financial education
concerns, inquiries, or limitations. This document will occasionally refer
to the department as the Student Financial Service Center now that the
Office of Student Accounts has merged with the Office of Financial Aid. The
information provided, however, refers to the student accounts area of this
department and will indicate that area specifically as deemed necessary.
Program goals, objectives and outcomes
- To provide financial service to students and their families
accurately and timely.
- To preserve the assets of the University while providing courteous
and efficient service to the entire University community.
- To provide understanding and respectful financial counsel to those
students and their families in need of guidance regarding the financing
of their education.
- To provide clear, concise, and accurate information in an effective
and respectful manner in all interactions.
Compliance - Fiscal Responsibility
- To adhere to any regulations of the state and federal systems as
well as the policies and procedures of the University.
- To minimize the University’s delinquent, defaulted, or uncollectible
accounts as much as possible.