Program mission statement
The mission of the Office of the Registrar is to support the mission of
Saint Martin’s University by implementing efficient systems and processes
for student registration, class scheduling and room assignments; creating
and maintaining accurate academic records and ensuring the integrity of the
Saint Martin’s University degree.
The Office of the Registrar functions as a service office to the
University’s academic community. Accordingly, the Office of the Registrar
provides service through a variety of forms, use of technology and
individualized support and attention. Our top priority is focusing efforts
on the students as they seek intellectual, personal and cultural development
while balancing our dedication to working in partnership with other
divisions, offices and units of Saint Martin’s University to comply with the
policies of the University and regulatory agencies.
Program goals, objectives and outcomes
- Provide course / schedule management support to faculty, deans and
- Provide data services for enrollment management.
- Provide point of service for students, prospects and alumni.
- Provide improved technology based service delivery systems to
enhance student satisfaction.
- Provide information about courses, programs, policies and procedures
- Maintain the integrity of university records.
- Implement and monitor the compliance of institutional policies and
- Provide access to academic records in accordance with federal
Activities to support program goals
- Input term courses into the student information system.
- Provide a registration system for students to enroll in classes.
- Schedule appropriate space for all classes.
- Provide space utilization reports to deans and administration.
- Maintain request forms and provide online line as well as office
access to the forms.
- Review existing processes and request forms to find electronic
- Publish pertinent information to the Registrar’s website.
- Develop forms and procedures as required.
- Publish the University catalog.
- Send email notifications to students, staff and faculty regarding
start of semester, registration and end of semester important dates.
- Explore social media and other methods of electronic communication
Compliance – Records Requirements
- Certify student enrollment as required (e.g., veterans services,
rehabilitation services, student loans, athletic eligibility).
- Provide reports as required (e.g., class rosters, grade rosters,
grade reports, transcripts).
- Record properly evaluated transfer credit
- Administer academic eligibility policies (e.g., graduation, honors,
academic probation or suspension).
- Prepare and distribute diplomas.
- Maintain student record data base and archival files.
- Ensure that the security and confidentiality of student record data
are maintained throughout the university.
- Provide disclosure relating to FERPA.
- Research alternative delivery methods for FERPA training.