Program mission statement
The Office of Human Resources is committed to providing a respectful and
welcoming environment for members of the Saint Martin’s community and
visitors. We are dedicated to serving and advising members of our community
in their work through providing strategic leadership and efficient and
effective business processes. We succeed by earning the satisfaction,
respect and trust of those who support us and do business with us.
Program goals, objectives and outcomes
- Saint Martin’s University is compliant with federal and state
employment laws, adheres to University policies and procedures, and
provides equitable and fair treatment of University employees.
- Staff will be provided with a current and compliant University
policy and procedures manual.
- Human resources will be a strategic partner providing leadership on
issues impacting the University and its employees with particular
attention to compliance and management of risks.
- Recruitment and selection applicant pools will yield a diverse pool
of qualified candidates.
- Employees have the tools, resources and support they need to
efficiently perform the responsibilities of their positions.
- Staff will have current and accurate position descriptions that
reflect the actual functions of the position.
- Supervisors will have a formal performance management system to
evaluate employee job performance.
- Human resources will provide training opportunities in supervision,
harassment, equity and inclusion, customer service, and performance
- Employees of Saint Martin’s participate in a competitive
- Saint Martin’s compensation plan will be similar to a selected group
of comparable colleges and universities.
- Staff salaries will reflect the appropriate competency level of the
- Professional growth with a position will be reflected in a salary