Program mission statement
Serving students so that they may serve others, the Office of Housing and
Residence Life at Saint Martin’s University acts as a catalyst for the
formation of a community in which members support and encourage one another
by sharing their gifts and challenge each other to recognize and fulfill
their full potential.
Program goals, objectives and outcomes
Resident students will be active and engaged members of the residential
- Resident students will report that their experience in the halls
made them more active participants in the campus community.
- Resident students will indicate high levels of interaction and
participation in a variety of activities.
- Resident Assistants will meet or exceed their programming
requirements with respect to the amount and variety of events.
- Residents will indicate satisfaction with programming and the social
environment in the halls.
- Resident students will experience and recognize the benefits of a
strong sense of community.
Resident students will demonstrate civility and respect for others, and
will accept personal responsibility for their impact on the community.
- Residents will report that their peers are respectful and
understanding of differences in backgrounds, beliefs, and personal
- Residents will report that the residence hall environment is
conducive to their personal growth and academic success.
- Policy violations will be addressed through the student conduct
process, which will provide students with learning opportunities through
- Residents will participate in floor meetings, forums, and events
designed to promote community standards.
- Students will report that they have grown and matured throughout
their residential experience.
Residents will be valued, supported, and well served by Housing and
Residence Life staff.
- Resident students will report satisfaction with staff availability
- Resident Assistants will be well-trained and confident in their
ability to address resident questions and concerns.
- Residents will indicate that Housing and Residence Life facilities
and services provided them with opportunities for growth and
- The Office of Housing and Residence Life will solicit constructive
feedback and provide opportunities for students to voice concerns.
- Staff mentoring and role modeling will encourage residents to pursue
leadership and service opportunities themselves.