Closing date: Open until filled; however,
applications will be considered and evaluated as they are received.
Application packets must be submitted to the Office of Human Resources.
Position title: Help Desk Coordinator
Manage help-desk -- Responsible for development and implementation of technical support processes and procedures,
evaluation and recommendation of Help Desk tools, development of Help Desk scripts, creation and publication of Help
Desk materials and documentation, and design and implementation of reports to measure performance of Help Desk staff.
May provide advice and assistance regarding PC- or network related problems. Provide second/third level software and
hardware support for staff/faculty. Supervise and train work-study students for routine operations of the help desk
when available. Maintain ITS Department and help-desk documentation, databases, and web site as directed. Manage user
accounts, including Active Directory, Exchange, email, Self-Service and Moodle, for students, faculty and staff on the
local area network. As time permits, assist with training of end users in various software applications.
(See job description)
- At least two years working experience and proficiency with MS Windows, and MS Office Professional in a customer support or helpdesk role.
- Excellent customer service, communications, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot technical problems related to network access and desktop applications.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server operating system management.
- Experience with higher education software systems such as Moodle or PowerCAMPUS.
- Experience administering Active Directory
- Experience with a serve request tracking system
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit the
following to human resources (email@example.com):
- Application of employment.
(MS Word Version)
- Cover letter specifying interest and
how their background has prepared you
for this position.
- Current resume.
- Brief statement which highlights how
your work experience and background will
contribute to the Catholic Benedictine
philosophy of education. To better
understand the Catholic, Benedictine
Values in an Educational Environment,"
we are providing a link to a well
written article on the subject:
- Copies of transcripts indicating
degree confirmation. Official
transcripts will be required of the
- If you are contacted for an
interview, we also will require your
authorization to order a background
check before any employment offer can be
finalized. Please print the
background check authorization
form and bring it with you to the
The principles of the Catholic Benedictine tradition, equal
employment opportunity, and nondiscrimination are fundamental to the
mission, goals, and objectives of Saint Martin’s University. The
University does not discriminate in employment or in the delivery or
administration of its educational programs, policies, scholarship and
loan programs, athletic or other University programs on the basis of
sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religion (except as a bona fide
occupational qualification for certain select positions), marital
status, national or ethnic origin, military or veteran status, age, or
Students or employees with concerns or complaints about discrimination on the
basis of sex in employment or an education program or activity, or any other
inquiries related to the University's non-discrimination policy, may contact the
Director of Human Resources/Title IX Coordinator
5000 Abbey Way SE, Lacey WA 98503
Consistent with the requirements of Title IX of the Education Amendments of
1972 and the regulations adopted under that law, the University has designated
the above individual as the University's Title IX Officer, responsible for
coordinating the University's Title IX compliance. Individuals may also contact
the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 915 2nd Avenue, Room
3310 Seattle, WA 98174-1099, Telephone: (206) 220-7900, TDD: (206) 220-7907.