News, alerts and events
Classes begin June 15, 2015.
438 Old Main
5000 Abbey Way SE
Lacey, WA 98503
9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Monday - Tuesday
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday - Friday
Secondary Teacher Alternate Route (STAR)home •
Admission requirements •
How to apply •
Tuition and fees •
Financial aid and scholarships •
Degree requirements •
Program schedule •
Faculty and staff •
In order to be considered for full and unconditional admission* to the
STAR program applicants must meet the following requirements. Those wishing
to combine the Master's in Teaching (MIT) and STAR program must also meet
the standardized test requirement for the
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited (or
equivalent) college or university with an overall 3.0 undergraduate
GPA or graduate coursework GPA (those not meeting these criteria may
be admitted conditionally).
- Applicants must have at least one year of professionally
oriented work experience.
- Moral character and personal fitness qualifications as adopted
in the Washington Administrative Code for teachers.
- Passing grade on all three tests of the West B.
- Additional credits for endorsement competencies may be required,
based on your transcript review.
- International students must submit proof of English proficiency
in one of two ways:
- An undergraduate degree from a U.S. institution
where the English is the language of instruction or
- An official Test of English as a Foreign
Language (TOEFL) or International English Language
Testing System (IELTS) score report (less than two
years old) sent directly from the testing agency.
For full admission we require a 79 IBT/213 CBT/550
PBT on the TOFEL or 6.5 band score on the academic
version of the IELTS.
Those students who do not meet the minimum required
English proficiency but are otherwise admissible
will be conditionally admitted through our ESL
Saint Martin's University is the sole judge of an
applicant's English proficiency.
*Students not meeting these requirement will be considered for
conditional admission. Saint Martin's University recognizes that while
previous performance is a valuable indicator of potential success there are
those who have demonstrated that potential in other ways than traditional