Title and discipline: associate professor,
Office location: Old Main 429
Areas of specialization: second-order rational
linear difference equations with period-two parameters/math.
Dr. Overdeep is a native of Silverdale, WA, and graduated with a
BS in mathematics from the University of Puget Sound. Dr. Overdeep
began her professional career in the ADCAP MK-48 torpedo software
validation group at Hughes Aircraft Company Ground Systems Group in
Buena Park, CA. While working for Hughes, Dr. Overdeep earned an MA
in applied mathematics from California State University-Fullerton.
After fifteen years as a torpedo systems engineer for Hughes
Aircraft Company and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division
Newport, Rhode Island, Dr. Overdeep returned to graduate school in
earnest in 1999 after completing an MBA at the University of Rhode
- Using Game Theory to Understand Social Inequities: A
Teaching Module for a Liberal Arts Math Class, with C.H.
Gibbons, Elisabeth Kemajou, and Olive Mbianda, submitted January
More results on the trichotomy character of a second-order
rational difference equation with period-two coeffecients,
with C.H. Gibbons and S. Kalabuˇsi´c, Journal of Difference
Equations and Applications, DOI:10.1080/10236198.2012.704916,
- The Trichotomy Character of Xn+1 = (α_nXn+ßnXn-1)/(An+BnXn)
with Period-two Coefficients with C. H. Gibbons and S.
Kalabuˇsi´c, Difference Equations, Special Functions and
Orthogonal Polynomials, Munich, World Scientific Publishing Co;
- On Xn+1 = (α_nXn+ßnXn-1)/(An+BnXn) with Period-two
Coefficients with C. H. Gibbons, Difference Equations and
Discrete Dynamical Systems, World Scientific Publishing Co;
Singapore, Los Angeles, CA, 2004.
- On the Trichotomy Character of Xn+1 = (α_n+Xn-1)/(A+BnXn)
with Period-two Coefficients with C. H. Gibbons, Journal of
Difference Equations and Applications, 11(7), 2005, 655-667.
- Gonzalez L, Hanumara RC, Overdeep CB, Church SC. 2004. 2002
Bicycle Transportation User Survey: Developing Intermodal
Connections for the 21st Century. Kingston (RI): RI Department
of Transportation. URITC Project No. 536182 Report.
- Project NExT Fellow, 2004-2005
- Selected to participate in the DIMAS Summer Reconnect
- Center for Undergraduate Research (CURM) mini-grand
- Monks of Saint Martin's Abbey Outstanding Faculty of the
- ASSMU Faculty of the Year, 2012
- Selected to participate in the CCICADA Summer Reconnect
Areas of interest (professional / personal):
Running, biking, walking our golden retriever, and getting beat at
Tetris on Super Nintendo by my husband.
Education: B.S., University of Puget Sound;
M.A., California State University-Fullerton; MBA, University of
Rhode Island; Ph.D., ibid, 2003