Contact us

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office, we would be happy to speak with you!

Spangler Hall (main office for Spangler, Baran and Burton) 360-412-6163
Parsons Hall 360-923-8727


Fax: 360-486-8470

Saint Martin's University
Office of Housing and Residence Life
5000 Abbey Way SE
Lacey, WA 98503


Students who are interested in canceling their housing contract or being exempt from on-campus housing must complete a Housing Exemption Request. If the student is a current resident, he or she must also complete a Not Returning Form.

  • A student who moves off campus without the approval of the Office of Housing and Residence Life before the end of contract period is responsible for the room payment for that period.
  • A student approved to withdraw from housing before the add/drop deadline will forfeit his/her damage deposit and be prorated for the number of days in residence.
  • A student who withdraws from housing after add/drop but within the first 30 days of the semester will be charged a $300 cancellation fee, forfeit his/her deposit, and be prorated for the number of days in residence.
  • Students who withdraw from the university or leave housing after the 30th day of the semester receive no refund.

If the student withdraws for reasons of serious accident or extended illness, a refund of remaining room charges may be made. Additional exceptions to room charges for those leaving the university may be recommended to the Office of Student Accounts by the director of Housing and Residence Life. Students leaving housing are responsible for cancelling their meal plans in the Office of Student Accounts, and board charges will be assessed at a daily rate and prorated based on the number of days remaining in the semester.

Cancellation fee: A $300 cancellation fee will be assessed if this contract is terminated after the university’s fall semester add/drop


A refundable $200 damage deposit must be on file with the Office of Student Accounts prior to the issuance of keys to the room. No portion of the $200 deposit will be refunded if the application is canceled more than 30 days from the date it is signed; after August 1, regardless of the date signed; or if requested more than 30 days after officially checking out of the halls. A resident who does not check out in accordance with the procedures described in the student handbook will be subject to fines and/or forfeiture of all or part of his/her deposit. After taking occupancy, if the applicant stays the entire contract period and applies to return to the residence halls the following academic year, his/her damage deposit will automatically be carried over to the following academic year.

Deposit refunds: Room damage deposits may be refunded only on written request to the Office of Housing and Residence Life. The request for a refund must be received no later than 30 days after a student officially stops living in the residence hall by checking out or formally withdrawing the application.

The deposit will be refunded if:

  • The resident follows the check-out policy outlined in the student handbook.
  • Room keys are properly checked in with the Office of Housing and Residence Life.
  • No damages or excess cleaning charges are associated with the room upon check-out.
  • The resident does not have an outstanding balance on his/her account with the university.
  • The student fulfills the housing contract terms of residence and does not cancel his/her reservation more than 30 days from the date it is signed or after August 1.