Charneski Recreation Center policies
The following policies and guidelines are developed and shared with
members to ensure we create a community that shows respect for one
another, ensures our safety, and takes pride in our facility. Failure to
comply with policies and guidelines may result in loss of Charneski
Recreation Center privileges.
- Charneski Recreation Center members
entering must be a current member with
their active SMU card.
- No card = no access.
- To be a current member for the
Charneski Recreation Center you must be
one of the following; a current student
(registered for at least six credits), a
current faculty member, a current staff
member, or part of the monastic
- To access the facility you must have
you current SMU ID card. No members will
be allowed to access the Charneski
Recreation Center without their current
SMU ID card.
- Alumni may purchase a yearly card
for $150 from Debbie Rogers at
- Individuals are responsible for
properly securing their own belongings
- Charneski Recreation Center is not
responsible for lost or stolen property
- Food and drink are permitted in
lounge area only. Closed-cap non- glass
bottles are allowed unless otherwise
- Gum is strictly prohibited in the
- Indoor non-marking closed toed
athletic shoes should be worn in all
indoor activity areas.
- Please wear proper workout attire
For a complete list of Charneski Recreation Center policies click