News, alerts and events
Classes begin June 15, 2015.
438 Old Main
5000 Abbey Way SE
Lacey, WA 98503
9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday - Friday
How to apply
Secondary Teacher Alternate Route (STAR)home •
Admission requirements •
How to apply •
Tuition and fees •
Financial aid and scholarships •
Degree requirements •
Program schedule •
Faculty and staff •
Applications are accepted throughout the year. However, it is in your
interest to meet the following priority dates. This is especially true if
you are applying for financial aid, assistantships or scholarships.
|Key application & program dates
|Orientation and summer academy
online application for graduate admission.
For certification-only, select STAR program as your campus, and
post-bac certification as your program. For MIT and STAR, select
STAR as your campus and MIT as your program.
||Send all supplemental and supporting documents below to the
Office of Graduate Studies (OGS)
Online payment or check for $50 application fee
made out to "Saint Martin's University"
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges and
universities attended sent directly from the institution to OGS.
International students must also submit official English
translations for any transcripts not in English.
- Test scores: Copy of WEST-B results (reading,
writing and math AND for MIT
program: (GRE or MAT) sent directly from the testing agency.
Detailed information on these tests can be found on our
Admission resources PDF. For the WEST-B tests,
qualifying SAT/ACT scores can supplant WEST-B tests. Any combination
of tests below will suffice; official documentation required.
letters of recommendation.
Have each recommender send their signed form directly to the Saint
Martin’s University Office of Graduate Studies. Letter writers are
encouraged to attach a letter further detailing qualifications.
- Curriculum vitae outlining your professional or
work experience details
- Personal Goal Statement. Submit a one or two page goal statement describing your educational career pathway, your motivation to become a teacher, and your goals as an education leader.
Email your statement in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proof of fingerprinting and clearance through OSPI. Two
fingerprint background check form.
- Fingerprinting done at an Educational School
District (ESD) office. Detailed information on
fingerprinting procedures and payments can be found
Admission resources PDF. Turn in your receipt.
- Complete your Pre-Residency Clearance Application
here for directions.
- Schedule program advising appointment / interview
||Once admitted, students are required to submit the following
We encourage applicants to get these materials in as soon as
possible (even during the application process)
as they are needed before students can register.
Pre-program observation form
- Proof of valid CPR /First Aid card or course registration (a
list of local class providers can be found on our
- Photo (can be electronic)