438 Old Main
5000 Abbey Way
Lacey, WA 98503
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday - Friday
New student checklist
Welcome to the Saint Martin's Community! This is a list of things to take
care of and be aware of before starting your graduate program.
- Apply for financial aid (if applicable). If you are applying for
financial aid, complete the Free
Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Be sure to include
the Saint Martin's University school code: 003794 on your FAFSA. If
you did not submit your Social Security number on your application
to your graduate program, please contact us with your SSN as this
will be required to match your FAFSA to your aid.
- Set up your Saint Martin's University account using the
computer account and email address online form. This will allow
for you to regiser.
- Make an advising appointment with your advisor. The name of your
advisor is on your admissions letter.
- Register for classes using
- Buy your books. Required and recommended books can be found for
main campus students at
Saint Martin's University bookstore website and for JBLM
for orientation online.
- Obtain your student ID card. All graduate students must obtain a
student ID card no later than the first day of classes. Bring photo
ID and proof of registration (a print out of your schedule or
payment will work) to the office of public safety, located in 215
- Obtain your parking pass. This is also obtained from the office
of public safety. You ill need to provide proof of current insurance
and registration in order to be issued a parking pass. Parking on
campus is free, but you will be ticketed for parking without a
permit or in the incorrect lot.
- Submit the required
proof of immunization forms. If this is not submitted a hold
will be put on your registration! (Active duty military AND students
at the JBLM campus are exempt from this requirement.)
- Submit your proof of military / VA status (if applicable). Proof
of active duty, family member, National Guard/reservists, spouses,
disabled veterans (not VocRehab) status must be provided to any of
the extension campus offices or to the student accounts office on
the main Lacey campus. If no proof has been provided, you will be
entered as a "civilian". Because there may be a difference in
tuition cost, please provide this proof as soon as possible so that
we can adjust your rate accordingly.
- Apply for the insurance billing waiver (if applicable).
This can be done online after you register for classes.
- Sign up for a payment plan (if desired). Information can be
found on the
student accounts website.
- Submit your final transcripts / proof of degree (if applicable).
If you were admitted on the condition that you submit your final
transcripts and proof of degree, you will not be able to register
until they are received by the office of graduate studies.