News, alerts and events

We are accepting applications for Spring - semester starts on January 12, 2015.

Graduate Studies



Physical location
438 Old Main

Mailing address
Graduate Studies
5000 Abbey Way SE
Lacey, WA 98503

Office hours
9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Monday - Tuesday

9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday - Friday

Financial aid and assistantships

MCE homeAdmission requirementsHow to applyTuition and feesFinancial aid and scholarshipsDegree requirementsProgram scheduleFaculty and staffFAQ

Specific questions about financial aid should be directed to the Saint Martin's University office of financial aid.

Federal financial aid is available for graduate students who will be enrolled at least half time and are citizens, or eligible non-citizens, of the USA. Most federal aid for graduate students is in the form of direct loans. For more details about federal aid eligibility and the different types of aid available for graduate and professional studies visit:

Steps for applying for federal graduate financial aid:

Priority deadline: March 1 for new students, April 15 for returning students. Students can apply after the priority deadline.

  1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Saint Martin's University school code is 003794.
  2. Receive your "financial aid package" from the Saint Martin's University financial aid office. Carefully review and accept or decline the types of aid that are offered and follow the directions provided.

A limited number of graduate assistantships (GAs) are available that provide partial tuition remission and/or a small stipend for graduate students. To be eligible to apply for a graduate assistantship in the MCE program students must be enrolled in a minimum of nine credit hours per semester. Graduate assistantships typically require 10 hours of work per week, per semester.

Steps for applying for a graduate assistantship:

  1. Plan to enroll in nine or more credit hours.
  2. Carefully read the position description and submit a cover letter, current resume and the names, positions, addresses and phone numbers of two references. Application materials should be sent in PDF format via email to

The Office of Graduate Studies

Graduate studies home