Friday Faculty Lunches 2013 - 2014
New this semester -- food will be available in the Harned 117
room each Friday, with set-up by 11:45 am. Come early for
the best selection.
- Jan. 17 “The CIA and Early Cold War Anthropology: The 1950
Murder of Raymond Kennedy in Rural Indonesia.” David Price,
Professor, Anthropology and Sociology.
- Jan. 24
“Enhancing Science Learning through Games and Technology.” Arwyn
Smalley, Associate Professor, Chemistry; and Aaron Coby,
Associate Professor, Biology/Associate Dean, CAS.
- Jan. 31
“Begin the Beguine… or Uppity Women?” Sister Laura Swan,
Instructor, Religious Studies.
- Feb. 7 “Notes on a Fulbright Semester at Petrozavodsk
(Russia) State University." Jeff Birkenstein, Associate
- Feb. 14 “High-Impact Practices: A
Discussion on Supporting Students of Color to Success at SMU.”
Leslie Huff, Assistant Professor, Education.
- Feb. 19 Special Wednesday Session.
Sabbatical Presentation: “Improvising Liberation in Pedagogy and
Psychotherapy.” Leticia Nieto, Professor, MAC Program. Location:
- Feb. 21 “The Mystic and
the Novelist: Emanuel Sweden Borough and the Realistic Fiction
of William Dean Howells.” Todd Barosky, Assistant Professor,
- Feb. 28 “Writing Across the Curriculum
and Ethics Across the Curriculum” Faculty Reports of Summer 2013
- Mar. 7 “Women’s History Month: Women at
SMU Reading Their Writings.”
- Mar. 28 Sabbatical Presentation:
“Revisiting the ‘Cost Disease’ and Its Implications for the
Performing Arts.” Heather Grob, Associate Professor, Economics.
- Apr. 4 “Broken Pieces: An Exhibit of Reassembled
Ceramic Vessels after a Studio Accident.” Tom Deming, Professor,
- Apr. 11 "Collaboration and Collective Action: Co-Authoring A
Working-Class History of the 1913-14 Michigan Copper Country
Strike and Italian Hall Tragedy." Aaron Goings, Assistant
- Apr. 25 “Evaluation
of This Year’s Friday Lunch Program; Plans for Next Year’s